Living SustainablyIssue 9 - Oct 2008
Each person in NSW generates an average of 23 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions per year. On this score, Australians are the highest emitters in the world.
The NSW Government has announced a $150 million plan to reduce the State's power use and cut greenhouse gas emissions.
The strategy includes:
- a Low Income Household Refit Program for 220,000 households
- a Small Business Energy Efficiency Program for 6000 small to medium businesses
- an expansion of the Sustainability Advantage Program to 1000 large businesses
- skills training and accreditation through TAFE for tradespeople to make homes more energy efficient
- a NSW Government Sustainability Policy requiring government agencies to reduce energy use
- a revitalised Greenhouse Gas Reduction Scheme and new energy efficiency target for NSW
- community information and support to reduce energy use.
Download your copy of the Energy Future – 6 Step Action Plan for further information.
Visit the Our Environment – it's a living thing website for ways to save energy at home, work and play.