Australia's first online Water Education Resource Hub was launched during Water Week 21-27 October 2007 as part of the NSW Government's Water for Life Education Program.
This new online resource brings together a huge range of water education tools and resources that anyone can use to educate the community, their work colleagues or friends on why and how to save water.
The Hub includes the Water Education Resource Directory developed in partnership with the Australian Water Association.
The directory is designed to be the 'Yellow Pages' for water educators across the NSW, enabling anyone to search for education tools, resources or projects from across Australia. The search can be tailored by type of educational tool or audience, for example, for online tools to educate young adults. The Directory will then list the most appropriate resources and links to access that information.
Educators can also upload their own resources to the directory to share and showcase their work, free of charge.
Other great resources on the Water Education Resource Hub include:
- fact sheets and tips that can be used straight away to educate others
- an online water events calendar and e-newsletters with the latest information on water conservation
- links to research to enable a better understanding of community views regarding water
- interactive activities to learn more about water and how it is used in and around the home
- links to professional development and training.
Other Water for Life Education Program initiatives include:
- partnerships on water saving projects involving the property sector, young adults, and people from non-English speaking backgrounds
- partnerships to develop resources and training for teachers
- innovative pilot of water ambassadors program with the Ethnic Communities Council of NSW
- public information campaigns to raise awareness of the importance of saving water and major NSW Government initiatives to secure Sydney's water supply
- Water for Life Forum for Sydney water educators to share ideas and build new water education projects
- draft Water for Life Action Plan for all Metropolitan Water Education 2007-2011.
> More information