Practical advice on how operators of marinas, boatsheds and slipways can make their business environmentally compliant – and save money while saving energy and other resources – is now available in the publication Environmental Action for Marinas, Boatsheds and Slipways.
Environmental Action for Marinas, Boatsheds and Slipways was released on 18 July 2007 by the Department of Environment and Climate Change NSW (DECC), as the latest edition in its Environmental Action Series.
Previous publications in this series include the printing, furniture and timber manufacturers and service station industries.
The new guidelines for marina, boatshed and slipway operators were produced with support from the Boating Industries Association, industry operators and local councils. The guidelines will be supported by a series of half-day workshops.
The publication is divided into six sections, as follows:
- Priority actions for marinas, boatsheds and slipways – six critical environmental issues that marina, boatsheds and slipways operators must address to be environmentally compliant
- Information sheets – how to address the legal responsibilities of environmental compliance while saving money and resources
- Useful tools – how operators can evaluate their environmental performance and identify areas for improvement
- Environmental Action Plan – a sample plan that can be adapted for each operator's situation
- Daily and Weekly Checklists – sample checklists that can be adapted by each operator to ensure their staff become fully engaged in the process of environmental compliance
- Useful contacts – a sample of services and contact numbers that all operators should have at their fingertips.
Environmental compliance training workshops are available for printers, furniture and timber manufacturers, service station operators, marina, boatshed and slipway operators, and for council officers responsible for regulating these industries.
For information on these workshops contact Valerie Insall by email email@example.com or call the Sustainability Programs Division on 02 8837 6000.
For an electronic copy of Environmental Action for Marinas, Boatsheds and Slipways and the other publications in the Environmental Action series visit the Department of Environment and Climate Change NSW website or phone the Environment Line on 131 555.
> More information