Power Savings Kits available through the Home Power Savings Program
Keeping your home cool over the hot summer months is important, but it doesn't have to cost the earth. Heat proofing your home can offer real savings and lower power bills, which makes for a much more festive season!
Stay cool for less with some simple actions:
- Close curtains and blinds to block the sun during the hottest part of the day
- Open windows and doors in the evening to allow cool air to flow through your home
- When using an air conditioner, use fans at the same time to provide more effective cooling and cut costs
- Set air conditioners at 23°C to 26°C. Every 1°C less cooling will cut your air conditioning costs by 10%
- Shield your refrigerator from direct sunlight and position in a well ventilated space
- Shade west facing windows with awnings, external blinds or shady plants
Free help to save up to 20% on your power use
Eligible lower income households can get a free home power assessment by an energy expert, through the Home Power Savings Program. You will receive a free power savings action plan, tailored advice and a free Power Savings Kit valued at $200, to help kick start your savings.
More than 60,000 NSW homes have already received free help, each saving an average of $265 on their annual power bill.
Sydney's Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin and Vietnamese communities can now access the free Home Power Savings Program in their own language. Call the multilingual phone line on 02 8873 8370 to find out more or to book an assessment.
To find out if you are eligible for the Program and to book an assessment, call 1300 662 416 or visit www.savepower.nsw.gov.au/freehelp