Located in Chatswood, the Feel Amazing Wellness Centre is owned and managed by a husband and wife team, Anthony and Natasha Middlemiss.
Last year the Centre won an award for energy efficiency in the 2009 North Shore Business Achievers Awards. The Centre saw the Energy Efficiency for Small Business Program as an opportunity to better understand its use of electricity, make changes to reduce its carbon pollution and save money.
- replacing lighting with more energy efficient light globes
- installing eco-power boards
- installing a timer on the hot water system.
Results and savings:
- $413 saved per annum or 3,916KWh of electricity
- reduction in greenhouse gases of 4.19 tonnes CO2e per annum.
- staff knowledge of energy efficiency has also improved
- staff are encouraged to turn off lights and equipment when not in use.
Changes implemented by the Centre cost approximately $2,270. The Centre then received a rebate for 50 per cent of the cost. This halved the payback period.
The Centre has developed an environmental policy, covering all aspects of the business. The policy can be viewed at www.feelamazing.com.au/environmentalpolicy.htm
The Energy Efficiency for Small Business Program is run by the Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water NSW (DECCW). It offers an energy assessment, a tailored action plan and 50% of costs up to $5,000 to small businesses for making energy efficiency improvements that save money and reduce our impact on the environment.
Contact the Sustainable Business team at DECCW to register for the Energy Efficiency for Small Business Program or complete the online registration form.
Call: Environment Line on 1300 361 967