Living SustainablyIssue 15 - Mar 2010
A $200 rebate is available when you replace your single flush toilet with a 4-star dual flush toilet
As of December 2009 NSW rebates have helped households save more than $21 million in utility bills, 2.9 billion litres of water and 215,000 tonnes of carbon pollution, totalling more than 4 billion black balloons!
On 15 January 2010, the NSW Government boosted the rebates program by $70 million. Under the new $170 million NSW Home Saver Rebates*, NSW households can now receive:
- up to $1,500 for rainwater tanks that are connected to a washing machine and toilet
- $300 to replace an electric hot water system with climate-friendly solar, heat pump and 5 star gas hot water systems
- $150 for a 5 star water efficient washing machine (to 30 June 2010)
- $35 to have your old second working fridge taken away (where Fridge Buyback is available – visit www.fridgebuyback.com.au)
- $200 for a 4 star dual flush toilet to replace a single flush toilet
- $150 for installing a hot water circulator unit for instantaneous gas hot water heaters.
Visit www.environment.nsw.gov.au/rebates for more information on rebates or phone the Environment Line on 1300 361 967.
*Terms and conditions apply